Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Time is Coming

Well it is time to kick back and relax ...

Kind of ...

After seeing the bottom of the news today (see Economics Education on my other blog)

Originally purchased with the thought of lessening the stress on our three deep freezers .. Yes we have 3 - one for beef, one for pork, and one for chicken/veggies/other stuff ...

I was going to do up the fruits I get on sale during the summer -- I was going to make jams jellies preserves ...

Then I got excited about making home grown spaghetti sauce ... Chili fixings ... Pie filling ... Soups ... Actually it sounds like just about any left over could be done up ...

But if the corn crop takes a sudden down turn - since the forecast is as low as it already is - I'm guessing meat prices are going to get nasty.

I can see I will have to get meat by the case at Sams club ... Chicken at rainbow while it's still 88¢/lb ...

Then yes I can still do greens in the spring, beans & peas in the summer, corn in he fall, and squash chunks in the beginning of the winter ...

But first ... I need to get the protein in place ...

No comments:

Post a Comment