Friday, April 27, 2012

this is cool

testing out my new ipad cover - it is for the ipad 2 or 3 and comes with a detachable bluetooth keyboard!

this is great - I now have the best of both .... i have the touch screen/portability of the ipad which i love, but now i can use my touch typing skills!

I do have to get used to things again -- i have the great autocorrect feature of the iPad and the ability to now type at my regular speed (well once i get used to the small keyboard) that blows my kids away when I'm on a regular laptop ...

of course i now have to:
a)get used to typing on a keyboard again after being off of one for over a year
b)get used to a tiny keyboard - because as much as i like this thing, the keys are not made for an old --woman's gargoyle's fingers .... the keys are smaller (by a smidge) than the tips of my fingers, and they are thin - like wafer thin - so that they feel like they are hardly there ....

i have to say - that the touch-typing skills that they taught us in high school are finding new life though ... since keyboards these days (computer/laptop/phone/cell) all seem to wear off so quickly from the nature oil on human fingers, I have the ability to type without looking at the keys - which totally blows my kids away - and can actually type and watch the tv or another screen at the same time ...
while many schools teach "keyboarding" these days, they do not seem to have the same incentive to not look when they type - in fact they are developing, I've heard a keyboard that is shaped more like a cell phone so kids can type using only their thumbs

This is an early mother's day gift from hubby ... he was so excited about it that he wanted to give it early ... he's so cute ... either that or he was hoping that i would not like the new cover and then he could have it for his new ipad 3 ...

I know - right?

now i have done something with the keypad inadvertently while typing ... as you can see it is not auto-capping my i's any more ...

time to whip out the manual ...

this is going to be fun - this means that i will be able to blog while in the green house while keeping my ipad in the thermal lined bag so it keeps cool ...

oh - never thought of the foil like lining of the bag -- wonder if that will interfere with the signals?

No comments:

Post a Comment