Thursday, July 14, 2011

Yippee Another One

lookie Lookie!

I have squash starting to come in too ...
From Ginger's Farm Photos
Only thing is hubby didn't pay attention to how things got planted so I don't know which type it is ...

Guess I will have to wait and find out.

It looks too big to be a yellow summer squash ... It's too cylindrical to be a patty pan (which looks like a UFO) ... I'm thinking it's a Queen Anne ...

The wind keeps blowing off my netting exposing the fruits of my plants ... This could mean real trouble for them when the deer and other critters take notice ... Of I'm lucky the mere presence of the material will scare them off ... I guess it all depends on how strong the instinct to eat them is.

I forgot to mention ... For those who wonder how quick pumpkin grow ... The vines/tendrils that I moved yesterday of the pumpkins (see yesterday's post) already put down roots into the ground when I moved them a little farther into the garden ... They aren't deep roots but they are there ...

And prickly! If you don't know pumpkin, you might want to wear gloves if you have to handle the vines T all - at least until you know of you are going to have a reaction to the prickles and their juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment