Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Harvesting Begins

We have begun to harvest ... A tad late by the look of things too.

I have two HUGE zucchini and one rather large butterstick.

I will be doing quite a bit of picking tomorrow after hanging up my laundry ... Barring more ran ... So I will hopefully have photos to show.

Have taken lots of photos but just haven't taken the time to post them here.

The deer have been munching on the ends of the plants again as they are trying to grow up the hill and out into the corn fields ... They have out grown the cover of meshing and there is nothing I can do about that so nature will take it's course I suspect.

Just so long as the giant rodents leave me some for my table in the winter I wont mind so much.

As of now - hubby likes pointing out that he feels the same way about the crows getting into his corn fields ... He is hoping they will leave the plants alone now that they are about knee high as well ... Yes they are about 2-3 weeks behind growth but the 5 1/2 inches f rain we have had this month has helped them greatly, that and the 90-100•F heat ... Nw if only they will hold off tasseling until later as well and not "pop" before they have gotten tall enough to produce properly size cobs ... And hopefully. We will be able avoid the schmutz this year.

But I am hopeful ... It is the best it has looked in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment